—Request a Quote for Flood Insurance and Stay on Guard
Call 601.992.4444 for a Quote!
Throughout the United States, devastating floods cause millions of dollars in damage, force businesses to close for good, and leave hundreds homeless. If you live along the Gulf Coast, you may be exposed to greater risk for flooding. Even if your home or business is not in a designated flood plain, the risk for a flood from a storm, storm surge or broken barrier is real and may cause sudden, unexpected damage that is hard to recover from.
General homeowner’s and business insurance policies do not typically include coverage for the damage and losses associated with floods. On the other hand, a customized flood insurance policy will protect your property and your investment when the water levels around your property rise above safe levels.
Flood Damage Statistics to Consider
Flooding is the most common type of natural disaster in the world – in fact, it accounts for 40 percent of all natural disasters according to FloodSafety.com.
If you believe that flood insurance is not essential, here are a few facts to consider:
- The states with the costliest losses from floods include Texas, Louisiana, Florida, New Jersey, North Carolina, California, Missouri, South Carolina, New York, and Pennsylvania.
- One out of four businesses that shut down from a natural disaster never reopen their doors.
- According to FEMA, all it takes is two inches of water in a 1,000 square foot space to cause an average of $10,000 in damages. Think of what several feet of water would do to your home or place of business!
- Some mortgage lenders will not approve your loan or may potentially withdraw the loan if you do not meet their flood insurance requirements; especially if you live in a flood zone.
What Does Flood Insurance Cover?
Just like any other insurance policy, specific terms and conditions will vary based on what your provider offers, your premiums and deductibles, and requirements that you ask for during the process of obtaining an insurance quote. Flood insurance can protect your home or office in the event of a storm surge, flash flood or other flooding disaster. You may receive coverage for damages such as:
- Structural Damage – This may provide you with coverage to repair and/or rebuild your home or business after a flood has damaged it.
- Interior Damage – This may cover everything from electrical damage to pipes, carpeting, fixtures, flooring, built-in appliances, furnace and air conditioning units, drywall, etc.
- Contents – Your home and your business premises will have assets that are valuable, and sometimes, not replaceable. While the insurance carrier may not be able to replace those items, they may compensate you for your lost contents, including furniture, electronics, clothing, appliances and other personal or business-related property.
Now is the Time to Secure Flood Insurance
Do not wait for the next storm to hit! With hurricane season around the corner, now is the time to act and obtain adequate coverage. The Nowell Agency can help you find the right level of flood insurance coverage for your home or business.
Call the Nowell Agency at 888-434-9571 to explore your coverage options and request a quote today. Our friendly and knowledgeable brokers helps homeowners and businesses from around the country insure their biggest investments—from homes to vehicles, businesses, farms, boats, and more.