—5 Tips to Remember
An educated consumer will always make a better decision than one who jumps into insurance shopping unprepared. If you are searching for insurance quotes in Nashville, there are few tips and tricks you will want to remember so that you find the right insurance at the right price.
What Should You Consider When Looking for Insurance?
Before requesting your first insurance quote, make sure to:
- Know Your State Laws and Lender Requirements – Tennessee has requirements for auto insurance, including policy minimums that you must carry. If you are shopping for homeowner’s insurance, your lender may also have minimum coverage requirements. For financed vehicles, you will want to check with your lender to see what comprehensive and collision minimums are required.
- Think About the Deductible – Deductibles are what you pay out of pocket in the event you must submit a claim with your insurer. High deductibles will lower your monthly insurance premium, but you should only select a high premium if you have the cash on hand to pay your deductible. For example, if your deductible is $1,000, you need at least $1,000 in your savings account in case it comes time to file a claim.
- Consider the Age of Your Car – Older vehicles that hold little to no market value may not need collision or comprehensive coverage. You will still however want liability coverage to pay for damage to other vehicles. Ask your local insurance broker in Nashville for the right advice.
- Request All Applicable Discounts – When working with an insurance broker, make sure your insurance quote addresses any applicable discounts – such as multi-car, multi-policy, good driver, good student, etc.
- Compare Apples to Apples – Make sure the policies from different carriers that you are comparing are the same in terms of coverage, deductibles, etc. If you are not comparing similar policies, you may not be able to accurately compare the quotes you receive.
Speak with an Experienced Broker Regarding Insurance Quotes in Nashville
If you are shopping for insurance, speak to a broker at The Nowell Agency. Our team can help you compare similar quotes and find the right coverage based on your insurance needs. We can also help you identify potential policy discounts, extra savings and even analyze your financial agreements to make sure you have sufficient coverage.
Request an online insurance quote in Nashville, or call our local office at 888-539-6218 for more information.