Long term care is typically not covered by medical insurance. With advances in medical research and technology, most of us are likely to live into our eighties or beyond. Hence, the chances of needing long term care are high. However, it is not just seniors who require it; a young person who is ill or meets with an accident could also end up needing long term care. Not many of us are financially equipped to meet these ongoing and heavy expenses. Advanced planning will help maintain quality of life and ease both financial and emotional stress.
Key Facts about Long Term Care
Many individuals are uncertain about whether or not to invest in long term care insurance. The following statistics from the Family Caregiver Alliance® National Center on Caregiving will help you make the right decision:
- An estimated 12 million Americans needed long-term care in 2007.
- Not all persons in need of long-term care are elderly—approximately 63% were aged 65 and older while the rest were younger.
- The lifetime probability of becoming disabled in at least two activities of daily living or of being cognitively impaired is 68% for people age 65 and older.
- By 2050, the number of individuals using paid long-term care services will likely double (from the 13 million in 2000) to 27 million people.
- The prevalence of cognitive impairment among the older population increased over the past decade. There could be an increase from 1.6 million to 6.2 million people age 85 or over with severe or moderate memory impairment in 2050.
Buy Affordable Long Term Care Insurance in Mississippi Today
Will you have the money you need if you get sick or injured and need long-term care? The cost of round-the-clock care for debilitating illnesses including Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s can be financially devastating. Finding the right long term care insurance plan is critical to getting optimal coverage at a lower cost. Our commitment to protecting your independence and quality of life is what drives the experienced brokers at The Nowell Agency to get you the best coverage at competitive rates. We will help you explore your options and answer any questions that you may have. Individuals, families and business owners across Mississippi rely on us to protect their loved ones and their assets. Meet with one of our friendly, knowledgeable brokers today to discuss your long term care insurance options.
Request a quote for long term care insurance in Mississippi or call 888-434-9571 to schedule a meeting with a knowledgeable and experienced broker at The Nowell Agency.