Nowell Agency, Inc.
> Business Insurance
> Industries Served
> Petroleum Insurance
Why Petroleum Insurance Is Important
Biodiesel and ethanol producers along with wind power and solar energy facilities need fuel insurance more than ever. With news of recent oil spill disasters and the vulnerability of our coasts, fuel and energy producers should take every step possible to protect not only the company, but also the environment.
Some reasons why a petroleum insurance policy is necessary for all producers in Mississippi and Alabama:
- Unpredictable weather stemming from hurricanes, floods, tornadoes or earthquakes can disrupt and damage fuel plants
- Operational hazards including equipment breakdown or even upgrades can be disruptive to service, ultimately disturbing your bottom line
- Environmental issues such as indigenous wildlife migration patterns or population explosion can be disruptive to business
- The risk of employee injuries is greater in an energy plant compared with working in an office
Although it may be clear why you need petroleum insurance coverage, understanding the numerous liability aspects is important to designing coverage that is right for you.
Learn more about which types of petroleum insurance can provide the best protection for you. Request a quote online or call us at one of our 7 locations.
What Does Petroleum Insurance Cover?
General petroleum insurance coverage is mandatory for all gas, oil and energy companies. However, many producers seek additional petroleum insurance coverage to protect themselves against other potential problems:
- Property damage due to both natural and man-made disasters
- Equipment failure and breakdown: replacement parts can run in the thousands if not millions of dollars, in addition to running the risk that equipment failure could have a larger, more catastrophic impact
- Business disruption: how do you recover revenue lost due to property damage or equipment failure?
- Workers’ compensation: the energy business is risky, so providing coverage for your employees is a necessity
- Liability: if someone on your property is injured you could be open to a lawsuit if you don’t carry liability insurance
- Business auto: coverage for company cars or personal vehicle use while on company business
- Umbrella: a policy to protect your company when claims exceed standard policy limits
- Pollution: imperative for all fuel/energy companies – from fuel spills to gas emissions, coverage is vital to recovering from pollutant disasters
All energy producers may not require every aspect of coverage – only an experienced petroleum insurance agent knows the difference.
Contact the petroleum insurance industry leader, Nowell Agency to prepare a customized insurance quote for you or call us at 601-992-4444 today.