An attractive employee benefits package plays a significant role in bringing and retaining qualified candidates. Finding coverage that meets diverse employee needs can be challenging. However, here are some benefits every employer should consider:
- Group Health: provide health insurance to your employees at a discounted rate. Contact your group health insurance provider for information about specific coverage and premiums
- Retirement Benefits: another incentive for attracting talented employees, sound retirement benefits not only gives your employees peace of mind, but promotes employee loyalty
- Health Savings Accounts (HSAs): a tax-advantaged medical savings account that allow employees to apply a certain amount of tax-exempt money towards medical and health expenditures not covered under the employee’s regular plan
- Disability Insurance: short term and long term disability insurance provides income to employees who can no longer work
Companies in Mississippi and Alabama should consider a range of employee insurance options to make the best choice for their group insurance needs. A professional health insurance agent can help you assess your overall medical insurance requirements to arrive at a plan that is advantageous to both your employees and your business.
After you’ve crunched the numbers request a quote for health insurance and employee benefits online or call us at one of our 7 locations.
Individual Health Insurance ? the Alternative to an Employer’s Health Plan
Are you self-employed? Does the nature of your work contract not allow for an employee benefits and group insurance package? Individual health insurance will not only provide substantial protection, but can also be customized to fit your budget.
How to select individual coverage if you aren’t receiving it at work:
- Primary benefits: include your “must haves” including hospitalization and coverage like maternity if you plan to start a family
- Consider what you can afford: basic expenses should cover co-pays and co-insurance. Consider your current health status and select coverage pertinent to what you will possibly require
- Physician network: if you trust and are comfortable with a particular doctor, be sure he/she participates in your chosen network
- Annual caps: choose a plan that has an annual cap so you aren’t paying more out of pocket than you can afford
- Coverage or services caps: ask about any caps on services or coverage, which may include prescriptions, doctor visits and rehabilitation services
- Dependent coverage: dependents under the age of 26 can be included on your health insurance
Nowell Agency has 27 years of experience working with individuals and business to design a health insurance and employee benefits package to meet your unique needs.
Contact us for more information about health insurance and employee benefits or call us at 601-992-4444 today.