Louisiana Condo Association Insurance – Protection for Your Community
As an owner, the perks of living in a condominium are many. For example, you don’t have to mow your yard. When the roof needs repairs, someone else takes care of it. Some places even have extra amenities, such as swimming pools and exercise areas. What more could you ask for?
If you are on the condominium owner’s association board, you know there is a whole different side to living in the community. The roof that needs repairing comes out of the association budget. If someone slips and falls and then files a claim, the community is on the hook for it.
Ensure the community-at-large is protected when you purchase condo association insurance in Louisiana. With help from The Nowell Agency, you can rest assured you are protected in the event of a claim. Don’t let sewer backups or potential loss because of ordinance requirements keep you awake at night. Let us help you get the best coverage for your needs at reasonable rates.
What to Expect Your Condo Association Insurance in Louisiana to Include
When things are going along well, and all the owners are happy in their beautiful properties, you may think extra insurance is not necessary. There are many reasons, however, that a loss can occur, such as:
- Property losses due to theft, fire, wind, flood, hurricane, tornadoes, and hail storms
- Visitors and delivery personnel that get injured on the property may sue
- Employees of the association who get injured or sick while working on the premises
Basic Policies for Your Condominium Association
There are a few basics that your association’s insurance policies should cover, including:
- General Liability: This coverage can help in the case of a visitor or delivery person being injured on the premises. It gives a broad range of protection for accidents that can occur.
- Property: Get protection against events that damage common areas like the roof, elevators, basements, and courtyards.
- Building Coverage
Optional Additional Types of Protection
Securing basic policies can safeguard against general claims, but sometimes you need a little more coverage. Here are other options to consider:
- Directors’ and Officers’ Liability – Protect the directors and officers of the association from being sued while performing their board duties.
- Crime and Fidelity
- Equipment Breakdown – Covers damage and loss of income when equipment breaks down.
- Sewer Backup – Get a specified limit of reimbursement for damage related to a sewer or drain backup.
Keep Your Louisiana Community Protected with Help from The Nowell Agency
Avert disaster when you have suitable condominium association insurance in place for your Louisiana community. The team at The Nowell Agency helps communities across the state get the best coverage for their residents and we can assist you too. Give us a call today and rest easier knowing you have the right protection in place.
Call one of our offices near you to schedule a meeting with a knowledgeable and experienced broker at The Nowell Agency about Louisiana condo association insurance. You can also request a quote online.