Nowell Agency, Inc.
> What's New
> October is National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
October is National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
Keep Your Company Safer with Cyber Insurance
Security breach, stolen data, and identity theft – words that Americans have become all too familiar with. Companies across the nation continually report that they have suffered from attempts by hackers to break into their data systems and steal their customers’ and employees’ information, some successful and others not. The risk of being attacked is high; the damage to your reputation is even higher.
For fifteen years, Homeland Security has designated October as National Cybersecurity Awareness month in an effort to keep Americans safer while online. Their 2018 message is summed up in four key points:
- Our need to strengthen the cybersecurity ecosystem of the nation.
- Cybersecurity is imperative for all sectors and affects everyone.
- How we need to strengthen the cybersecurity workforce.
- How we can secure critical infrastructure.
They even provide a free toolkit to make it easier for your organization to reduce the risk of being attacked.
Businesses need to do everything possible to protect the data their customers have entrusted to them when a transaction is conducted. If your company finds itself being hacked, you lose not only money but the trust of your clients. Mitigating loss is the easiest way to protect your company from the effects of hacking. Having a cybersecurity insurance policy is the first step. In general, you can expect a variety of coverages, including:
- Hacksurance – As the name indicates, this provides protection against cyber attack and hacking.
- Cyber theft and cyber fraud – Helps in the event of criminal or fraudulent online events including theft and fund transfers.
- Forensic investigation – May help with the forensic services conducted to ascertain the impact of an attack.
- Interruption of business – A cyber attack can quickly disrupt your business dealings. You will need help bridging the gap.
- Extortion – Criminals are not above holding your customers’ data for ransom and taking advantage of your vulnerable position.
- Reputation – Branding and image are everything. No matter how many steps you take to appear and be trustworthy, the Internet can quickly ruin your image.
- Computer data loss and restoration – Provides protection if computers are stolen, damaged, or you cannot retrieve and restore data.
Protect Your Customers and Your Company with Cyber Security Insurance
Take action now to protect the integrity of your business by taking the right steps, such as:
- Maintaining up-to-date antivirus and ransomware protection
- Using encryption software
- Implementing higher password protocols
Bolster your insurance coverage with a customized policy that includes cyber insurance. Since 1984, The Nowell Agency has worked with business owners to provide the best coverage options at the best price. Our brokers are happy to discuss your needs and offer a variety of choices to help you and your organization.
Request an insurance quote online or call one of our offices near you to schedule a meeting with a knowledgeable and experienced broker at The Nowell Agency.