Guide to Selecting the Right Birmingham Insurance Broker
Getting the best coverage and rates starts with finding the right Birmingham insurance broker to work with. Just like with insurance policies, not all brokers are created equal. With insurance being a prime need for individuals, families and businesses, a qualified and experienced professional is key to lowering your risks and insurance cost. Our trusted professionals share several important tips to help you find a broker who will deliver the right results.
- Experience counts: You want an insurance broker who knows the local market and understands your personal and business requirements. For example, the needs and risks of a restaurant owner, farmer and contractor differ substantially. General coverage could expose your business to avoidable risks. You not only want a professional with underwriting expertise but one who has industry-specific experience to best represent your interests and get you proper coverage at the right rates.
- Flexibility: A business owner might need special insurance enhancements or language crafted for the broadest coverage levels. Customized coverage helps reduce your specific risks and liabilities and also minimizes the likelihood of paying for what you do not need.
- Responsiveness: In addition to staying on top of changing regulations and market trends with regards to insurance rates, responsiveness to customer requests and needs are an important service differentiator. Key indicators include how easily available the broker is to meet with you and how quickly he/she follows up on your requests. Also, observe how much time the broker is willing to spend with you before you decide you are ready to purchase.
- Personalized advice: The right broker is one who is familiar with the products they are selling and can suggest ways to tailor coverage to your specific needs. For example, a good broker can identify and explain ways you can take advantage of discounts (or credits) that insurers offer for packaged policies or for your particular business.
- Examine broker’s track record: A smart way to shortlist insurance brokers in Birmingham, Alabama is to ask colleagues, friends and family for referrals. This will give you an idea of the service you can expect. Also read online reviews, customer complaints, disputes or disciplinary actions that may have been filed against the company or independent broker. Doing your homework can save you stress and money.
- Trust your instincts: Meeting the insurance broker is key to determining whether you can rely on them to protect your precious assets. Trust your instincts and do not sign up for anything that does not feel right. Ask as many questions as you need to and always read the fine print. Be aware of inclusions as well as exclusions.
Get a Quote from Your Trusted Birmingham Insurance Broker Today
Is your personal or business insurance working for you? The experienced insurance brokers at The Nowell Agency serve individuals, families and business owners in Birmingham and the entire southeastern United States. Access to numerous insurance markets enables us to find the protection you need at affordable prices. We are continuously seeking alternative ways that are more cost-effective than traditional approaches to provide coverage that will best meet your needs. With customer service and client satisfaction being the focal points of our day-to day operation, you can count on us to be your trusted Birmingham broker for life.
Call us for more information at (877) 813-9568 and make an appointment with our Birmingham insurance broker. Need a quick estimate? Request a quote online and we’ll be in touch.