Social Media Basics for Service-Based Businesses
Quick Tips from Your Business Insurance Texas Team at The Nowell Agency
Years ago, a customer would pick up a phonebook or call a friend for a recommendation for a carpenter, plumber, or landscaper. That is now rare. Today, more and more people are making purchasing decisions based on what they discover through social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. If you want to carve out a piece of the pie so your business will continue to grow, you should be on social media as well.
Gain access to more clients and reap the benefits of making your company’s presence known on social media. The team at The Nowell Agency understands that jumping on social media to scout for customers can be a little intimidating. It’s the same when shopping for business insurance for your Texas enterprise. We are happy to discuss all your options, whether your company is located in Texas or across the nation and find the best policies to fit your needs.
6 Tips to Get Started Using Social Media to Grow Your Enterprise
You would be wasting a lot of time and money if you haphazardly begin posting on Facebook or Instagram and hope to garner success. Instead, take a few active tips and turn them into a goldmine for finding new customers:
- Think about whom you want to serve. This is often called “knowing your audience.” Who is your ideal customer? What do they do for a living? Do you want to work with individuals or corporations? Answering these questions gives you a starting point for all your content. One thing to remember is to make posts on social media that meet your customer’s needs, not your own.
- Choose the right platform. There are many to choose from, but each has its own purpose and is used by different types of people. For example, Facebook allows a variety of content and the ability to grow a close community. YouTube offers an excellent opportunity for sharing how-to videos. You don’t have to be on every platform in the beginning. Choose one, master it, and then add a new one.
- Share quality content that is relevant to your ideal customer. When you post content, keep in mind that it should do one of three things: educate, engage, or promote. For instance, if you run an RV campground, make videos on how to use a dump station properly. You could choose to boost your janitorial work with before and after photos. The options are practically endless.
- Post regularly. You do not have to post every single day. Instead, chose a schedule that works for you, say once per week on Tuesday, and stick to it. It is better to post quality content regularly than to send out a dozen posts over two days and drop off for a month.
- Respond to comments and be social. When a customer reaches out, answer them. Join online groups and participate. Seek ways to provide some advice and assistance to someone who is in a bind.
Safeguard Your Growing Enterprise with Business Insurance in Texas from The Nowell Agency
Enter the social media world with confidence when you jump in and provide helpful advice and content for your customers. Don’t forget that protecting your reputation online extends to the offline world. If a claim arises, you want to know that you have the best coverage in place. Talk with a knowledgeable broker at The Nowell Agency about purchasing business insurance in Texas. For more than 30 years, we have helped small businesses, entrepreneurs, and the self-employed with quality insurance plans at reasonable rates. Please talk with us today to see how we can help you fill the gaps in your current policies.
Call one of our offices near you to schedule a meeting with a knowledgeable and experienced insurance broker at The Nowell Agency about Texas business insurance coverage. Request a quote online.