Attention Texas Contractors! It Pays to Buy Insurance for Your Business
As a Texan, you know that anything worth doing is worth doing right. You’ve got grit, gumption, and the means to make your goals and ambitions come true. When you set out to build your business, you knew it wouldn’t be easy but you were up for the challenge. Establishing yourself took a lot of hard work. Sometimes it seemed like you were making decisions by the seat of your pants. As your business grows and you are ready to expand, now is the time to review your contractor’s insurance.
While having insurance isn’t required by law, if you want to bid on contracts with the State of Texas or other notable companies, you must have the right components in place. That’s where The Nowell Agency comes in. We understand what requirements the state of Texas has, what can benefit you overall, and how to get the best plan at reasonable rates. When you chat with our team, you know you are in good hands.
Contractor Insurance to Grow and Safeguard Your Texas Business
Knowing you need insurance is just the beginning but it’s an important step in the right direction. Getting the right amounts and types of coverage is the next big decision. We can discuss the different options that will keep your company protected and open up opportunities for those big contracts.
Here are some of the most common policies:
- Commercial General Liability: Provides help and protection if someone slips and falls at your place of business causing injury. It is also useful for property damage caused by you or an employee to someone else’s property and for claims of slander or false advertising.
- Worker’s Compensation: This is a crucial form of coverage that may keep you from being sued if an employee is injured or falls ill during the course of their duties. If you want to work with any Texas government entity, you are required to have a workers’ compensation policy.
- Commercial Property: When a disaster takes out your building and other business property, you need coverage to help you rebuild and get back on your feet. This policy can help.
- Commercial Auto Insurance: You cannot depend on a personal automobile policy to step in if you are using your own vehicle for business purposes. Instead, it would be best if you had a specialized auto plan.
- Umbrella: If a considerable judgment or claim is brought against you that depletes your coverage, this policy can take over and extend the limits of your existing policies.
- Specialized Lines: Each type of contractor has specific needs. For example, plumbers, janitors, carpenters, and HVAC contractors all have slightly different requirements. Get the best coverage that caters to what you specialize in.
Keep Texas Strong – Protect Your Business with Contractor Insurance
Take your determination to succeed to new levels when you work with the experienced professionals at the Nowell Agency. For more than 30 years, we have helped contractors like you across various industries gain the protection they need to keep growing their companies at fair rates. We partner with you to help fill any gaps in your existing coverage. Call us today and experience the difference.