Nowell Agency, Inc.
> What's New
> How to Handle Your Restaurant during a Time of Crisis
How to Handle Your Restaurant during a Time of Crisis
Helpful Suggestions from The Nowell Agency
No matter where you turn, the news seems grim and dismal as the word “coronavirus” is on everyone’s lips. This tiny virus managed to bring our country and many others around the world, to a standstill. As business owners scramble to deal with this new (but temporary) normal, the restaurant industry is taking a particularly hard hit. Many cities and states across the country have taken steps to limit people’s potential exposure.
Protecting your enterprise is always paramount to staying in business when things go south. None of us have a crystal ball where we can plan for another catastrophe. We can however prepare for as many things as possible, and that is where Florida restaurant insurance comes in. The team at The Nowell Agency is available to assist you in assessing if you have the best coverage for many unknowns.
Handling Your Restaurant during the Coronavirus COVID-19 Outbreak
According to a U.S. News & World Report article, many bars and restaurants are taking a massive hit as governors took measures to limit the gatherings of people. You have spent years serving hot meals to your community. What now?
- Time for a Deep Clean. The food industry already follows strict guidelines. Now is the perfect time to ramp it up and do a deep clean using CDC-approved cleaning solutions—in addition to continuous cleaning and disinfecting throughout the day.
- Be Flexible with Employees. We’re in this together, and families still need to work, even if their kids are home from school. Consider being open to split-shifts. Also, encourage your team to remain at home if they feel ill or display any symptoms.
- Offer Curb Service. Take phone orders, orders via your website from your patrons, then run their order out to them. Technology allows us to take payment via our smartphones and other devices.
- Keep Doors Sanitized and Hands Washed. Our guard cannot be let down even as this pandemic takes hold. Remind your team each day to keep up on the cleaning and sanitizing.
- Remember, Truck Drivers Need to Eat Too. If your restaurant is along a thoroughfare, truckers need you. Their rigs are too large to fit through a drive-through. Walk-up service isn’t always possible. Discuss with your staff ways to help them get a meal while they are on the road bringing in fresh supplies. Then put out a sign to welcome them in.
- Maintain a Good Attitude. No matter what comes our way, the way we react makes all the differences. This is a stressful time, so strive to be encouraging and encourage your team to do the same. Find ways to stay positive during this period.
Plan for the Worst, Hope for the Best – The Nowell Agency Helps
No one knows what tomorrow will bring, but you can do everything possible to prepare when you discuss your needs with a Florida restaurant insurance broker. Our experienced team at The Nowell Agency works hard to get you the best coverage at great rates. Let us help you today!
Call one of our offices near you to schedule a meeting with an experienced Florida restaurant insurance broker at The Nowell Agency about cyber insurance coverage. Request a quote online.