Nowell Agency, Inc.
> Insurance News
> Meet Alabama’s Auto Insurance Requirements and Save Money When You Shop Around for Insurance Quotes
Meet Alabama’s Auto Insurance Requirements and Save Money When You Shop Around for Insurance Quotes
It’s no secret that having automobile insurance is a requirement across the country. Insurance is meant to cover you, other parties, and even property damage in the event of an accident. What may cause confusion is knowing just how much insurance your state requires you to buy. Do you need comprehensive coverage? Maybe you should have coverage that covers you if you have an accident and the other party has little or no insurance. Before you sign up with the first company that you find, talk to a broker at The Nowell Agency to get the insurance quotes you need to make an informed decision.
Get Insurance Quotes to Meet Alabama’s Minimum Car Insurance Requirements
Alabama requires all drivers to carry insurance coverage on each vehicle they register. The minimum amount of coverage required in Alabama is as follows:
- $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person
- $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident
- $25,000 of property damage coverage
These are just the minimum limits required by law. You can always obtain additional insurance for greater protection based on your driving needs and other factors. Our professional brokers at The Nowell Agency can work with you to tailor coverage that keeps you within legal requirements and fits your budget, including optional coverage such as:
- Collision coverage to help pay for any accident-related damages to your vehicle
- Comprehensive coverage to help pay for those times when damage to your vehicle is out of your control, such as due to severe weather or theft
- Uninsured/Underinsured motorist coverage to help pay for any expenses you might incur from an accident caused by another driver with little or no coverage
- Medical and Funeral coverage in the unfortunate event that medical attention or death occurs after a crash.
Tips for Keeping Your Insurance Quotes and Premiums Low
If you have the right coverage for your vehicles, you are in good shape with Alabama’s insurance laws. However, if you do not have the proper coverage, you could face expensive penalties for violating the law. Yet, some people may wrongly assume that paying the penalties is cheaper than buying an insurance policy. Here are a few tips to keep your insurance quotes and premiums low:
- Drive an older vehicle
- Shop every year or two for insurance from different providers
- Maintain a good driving record
- Avoid buying sports cars
Experienced Birmingham, AL Brokerage for Your Insurance Quotes
You never know when an accident will occur. If you are in one, do you have the minimum coverage as required by Alabama law? Get the coverage you need at a price you can afford. Speak with the team of brokers at The Nowell Agency. We work with a variety of insurance companies to get you quotes you can use to make the best decision for your driving needs.
Request an insurance quote online for Birmingham, AL, or call our office at 877-813-9568 to schedule a meeting with a knowledgeable and experienced broker at The Nowell Agency.