Avoid the No-Pay, No Play Penalty
Make Sure You Meet Louisiana’s Insurance Requirements
For more than 20 years, states across the country have enacted the No Pay, No Play auto insurance laws in an effort to lower the insurance premiums for everyone. With one of the highest insurance rates in the country, Louisiana is no exception to the trend. However, Louisiana’s No Pay, No Play law is unique because it prevents an uninsured motorist from receiving a settlement from another person’s insurance company.
According to the Louisiana Department of Motor Vehicles, if you are in a car accident and are uninsured, you will not be able to collect:
- The first $25,000 of a property damage claim, or
- The first $15,000 of a bodily injury claim.
There are a few exceptions, such as:
- If your car is parked legally
- If the other driver was driving while intoxicated
- If the other driver was in the commission of a felony at the time of the accident
- If the passenger is not one of the owners of the uninsured vehicle
Talk to an experienced insurance broker at The Nowell Agency and avoid the No Pay, No Play penalty. We can get you the coverage you need to drive legally and be rightfully compensated if injured in a car accident.
Minimum Car Insurance Requirements
Louisiana law requires that all drivers have liability coverage which pays for damages or injuries you may be responsible for in a car accident. The minimum amount of liability coverage required in Louisiana is:
- $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person
- $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident
- $25,000 of property damage coverage
While these are the minimum limits required, you can always purchase more insurance and have greater protection. At The Nowell Agency, we can discuss the best options for your driving needs, such as:
- Collision coverage to repair your vehicle after an accident
- Comprehensive coverage to repair your vehicle from other incidents, like theft or severe weather
- Uninsured/Underinsured motorist coverage to help pay for any expenses you might incur from an accident caused by another driver with little or no coverage
- Medical payments coverage for possible medical or funeral expenses after an accident
- Rental reimbursement coverage in case you need to rent a car while yours is in the repair shop
- Towing and labor coverage may pay for towing and some repairs
Get the Louisiana Insurance You Need to Drive and Stay Safe
Accidents can happen at any time. Get the coverage you need at a price you can afford. Speak with the team of experienced brokers at The Nowell Agency. We work with you to tailor an auto policy that will fit your needs and budget.
Request a quote online for Louisiana insurance or call our office at 888-675-1842 to schedule a meeting with a knowledgeable and experienced broker at The Nowell Agency.