Safeguard Your Trucking Business with Ransomware Insurance
Cyberattacks are on the rise across several industries. If you are a small business owner, you may think that you are safe. Why would any hacker want to give you the time of day when there are much larger companies they can target? The truth is that enterprises of smaller sizes are perfect targets because they generally do not have the resources available to ensure their systems are safe. According to a New York Times article, small municipalities like Wilmer, Texas are attractive to criminals for a cyber attack. Another industry that has become a top target is the trucking industry.
Avoid being a victim of a cyberattack when you put ransomware insurance in your arsenal of coverages. At the Nowell Agency, we work with a variety of business sizes across several different types of industries with polices that fill in gaps and help you operate with confidence. We understand the unique needs of small and medium-sized businesses, as well as entrepreneurs and the self-employed.
Transportation Industry under Cyberattack
Recently, a panel of cybersecurity experts met during the American Trucking Associations’ Management Conference & Exhibition. They noted that the transportation sector has moved from Number 10 to Number 2 for being the most-attacked in 2018. According to their findings, the biggest targets are small trucking companies. The argument is that these smaller entities do not have sophisticated protection in place. This may mean they are more likely to pay a ransom than a larger company with better safety protocols and systems.
You can reduce the effects of a cyberattack when you take measures to reduce your exposure, such as:
- Keeping your computers updated with the latest updates and patches. Often, a weakness in a software program is the only ticket a hacker needs.
- Training your employees to not click on links in emails. A link can contain malware that quickly infects your system.
- Establishing protocols to back up customer data and maintain it offsite. It will be easier to restore your system if you keep regular back-ups of all data.
- Buying and maintaining cyber insurance. When you come under attack, recovery will be crucial. A cyber liability policy that includes ransomware insurance can help get you back to work quicker. There are different types to meet your needs, such as:
- Cyber theft and cyber fraud
- Forensic investigation
- Interruption to business
- Computer data loss and restoration
Keep Your Trucking Company Safer with Ransomware Insurance
Your small trucking company does not have to be a victim to hackers when you talk with the knowledgeable brokers at The Nowell Agency, Inc. For more than 30 years, we have served a variety of businesses with high-quality insurance products, giving them the peace of mind they deserve. Give us a call and experience the difference.