Nowell Agency, Inc.
> Insurance News
> What Types of Insurance Do I Need for My Florida Restaurant?
What Types of Insurance Do I Need for My Florida Restaurant?
Learn to Protect Your Enterprise
Nothing is more exciting than opening a restaurant. It is demanding, but extremely rewarding. Picking a new tantalizing menu to enhance the fun and creative atmosphere of your restaurant is just the beginning. You also get to hire friendly staff to serve your new clientele. The relationships you build within your community are priceless.
When you have a restaurant to run, take the time to talk with the knowledgeable brokers at The Nowell Agency about obtaining the appropriate restaurant insurance in Florida. We understand what the state requires and what policies will benefit your establishment. We work with the leading carriers to provide great plans at reasonable rates.
7 Restaurant Insurance Policies – A Quick Overview
Below are seven restaurant insurance policies you should have for your Florida location. Some may seem less important than others, but they all serve a purpose to keep your enterprise safeguarded from claims that may ruin your reputation and your livelihood. Look these over and then speak with your Nowell Agency broker about your specific needs:
- General Liability: This type of coverage protects in the event of lawsuits from injuries or property damage at the business. A customer’s slip and fall accident or a case of food poisoning may result in a general liability claim. For your Florida restaurant, this type of insurance policy is required coverage in the state.
- Worker’s Compensation: When an employee becomes ill or gets injured while performing work duties, this policy steps in to assist with medical bills and lost wages. It also safeguards you from being sued by your employee. It is mandatory in Florida if you have employees.
- Property Insurance: This kind of insurance helps any time damage occurs to the physical location of your restaurant. For example, cooking has inherent risks of fire, especially those involving grease. Having the right plan in place can get you back up and running after a fire or another covered event.
- Business Income: If you suffer a financial loss because of closure from a fire or other disaster, you will lose income. This policy, often a part of property insurance, helps during those times.
- Equipment: Sometimes called ‘Boiler and Machinery’, this line of protection covers your electric equipment that may break down because of power surges. This is an addition to property insurance.
- Spoilage: During those times when the power goes out, you run the risk of losing food to spoilage. The longer the outage, the higher the probability of something spoiling. Hurricanes in the sunshine state contribute to this, so it’s important to be prepared.
- Commercial Auto: For those eateries with delivery service or food trucks, you will want additional protection for company vehicles to cover items like theft and vandalism. Your restaurant may also be held accountable for the damage done by a driver while in one of your company’s vehicles.
Keep Your Florida Restaurant Protected with Help from The Nowell Agency
Avoid worrying about recovering from a hurricane, vandalism, or personal injury sustained by a customer. Contact the team at The Nowell Agency and let our 30-plus years of experience put together the best restaurant insurance plan for your Florida location. We can look for potential gaps and help fill them with the needed policies to help you sleep better at night. Call us today!
Call one of our offices near you to schedule a meeting with a knowledgeable and experienced broker at The Nowell Agency about obtaining Florida restaurant insurance. Request a quote online.