Grow Your Landscaping Business in Florida – Avoid these 5 Mistakes
Helpful Tips from Your Landscape Contractor Insurance Team at The Nowell Agency
Starting a landscape business takes effort and a green thumb. At first, it may seem like being on your honeymoon. Everything is new and exciting and you don’t mind the hard work. Expanding and growing your enterprise however, is more like the second or third year of marriage. The newness is starting to wear off. You get a little bored or frustrated that things aren’t going the way you hoped. That’s when it’s time to renew your vows to grow your company and seek new ways to bring back the excitement.
Keep your dream alive by remembering your first love – making beautiful landscapes that people can enjoy. Talk to the brokers at The Nowell Agency about safeguarding your Florida business with landscape contractor insurance. We stand ready to help you get the custom-designed coverage you require.
Don’t Let these 5 Mistakes Keep You from Achieving Success
Grow your landscaping business with great success by avoiding these 5 mistakes:
- Misunderstanding the Scope of the Project: When you first start out in the industry, you want to take on as much work as possible, even if it is more than you can reasonably do. Worse than that is failing to understand the full scope of a project. It’s easy to make assumptions that can lead to poor project management, unexpected expenses, and shoddy work. Ensure you understand precisely what your client is looking for and that you can perform the job thoroughly.
- Ignoring Your Cash Flow: The difference between a hobby and a business boils down to money. Business owners keep an eye on income and expenses. Pay close attention to your estimates. They can be tricky because if you bid too low, you may lose money on the project. If you bid too high, you may not get the job. Do some research to ascertain what other landscapers charge and then calculate enough to pay for employees, ongoing expenses, and to secure your profit margin.
- Undervaluing Your Employees: You need support, and it should come from your employees. If you mistreat your team, they can develop bad attitudes that reflect in their work and ultimately damage your reputation. Look for people who want to work and learn, and then be willing to teach them the skills they need to succeed and add benefits as soon as you can.
- Inferior Branding and Marketing: Not only should you have a website and utilize social media, but you should also pay attention to your overall brand. Look at the condition of the attire you and your team wear, your equipment, and the appearance of your work trucks. Aim for excellence in how you perform your duties and how you look while doing them.
- Skipping Landscape Contractor Insurance: No matter how well you do your work and how big your reputation grows, if you don’t have the right insurance coverage, you risk losing everything. All it takes is one accident where your client’s property gets damaged and they decide to sue you. With landscape contractor insurance in Florida, you have the backing to see you through those rough times.
Protect Your Green Thumb with Landscape Contractor Insurance from The Nowell Agency
Now is the time to shore up those areas in your company to ensure you reach your goals. Talk with the knowledgeable brokers at The Nowell Agency about landscape contractor’s insurance. We understand what will help you get the coverage you need so you can keep moving forward. Take advantage of our 30 years of business experience working with a wide range of financially sound insurers. You will be glad you did!
Call one of our offices near you to schedule a meeting with a knowledgeable and experienced broker at The Nowell Agency in Florida about landscape contractor insurance. Request a quote online.